Saturday, August 23, 2014

Super Power: Invisibility

I don't know if you know much about feeling invisible.

First off, the word has a negative connotation when used in the context of one's emotions. I, however, upon experiencing it, am finding that it can be a very liberating and educational experience.

Getting to college is like starting kindergarten all over again, except that everyone actually wants to get to know each other. We arent just standing around waiting for someone to ask if they can borrow your "azul" crayon...unless your're me, of course. Who apparently has crayons that people are afraid to ask for?
Back to the invisibility thing: i dont know if im actually invisible or if im just choosing to be the most quiet person on the planet. but what i love about it is that it gives me a chance to breathe--to see what's happening around me without walking around in a big cloud of questions and conversation. By nature I am an observer. I love watching interactions and exchanges throughout the course of a day or even an evening (which is much more common here, I see). Im also finding out much more about myself as a person through it. I wouldnt say i compare myself to anyone, but you notice just how different you can turn out to be after you've spent the past four years around people you know in and out and can identify easily with. But in college, because you are meeting so many different KINDS of people, you get bombarded with this slew of questions to yourself and to others and the world around you. It challenges the world you know and love. And hopefully, if youre like me, you are encouraged to expand your knowledge of the world and grow in it.

Growing in the world is helping me grow in love. I have become more widely accepting of people and my thoughts on people. I never thought i was one to judge quickly, but now i REALLY dont judge quickly, because you never know what you're going to get. it isnt that straight forward here. And althought im not being as sociable as i have been in the past, it has enabled me to begin growing and changing in a new direction. Not changing in the sense that i will become another person, but i hope to build on the foundations the Lord has set in me now. I hope to know more of His kingdom and love more of His people.

So to all you invisibles out there: find out why Love is invisibility for you. I challenge you to find the love in it. You may just be surprised, and your heart may just be changed.

Love is learning to look closer at what you think you see.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this!!n Yes. You may very well be surprised. What a great and introspective post Anna!

    ReplyDelete