Thursday, January 12, 2012

To Escape

sometimes, the words, "to escape." or "run away." are the most comforting words ive ever heard. not only do they remind me of my former life, my rebellion, and how far ive come since then, but they give me hope for a new future. sometimes i get in these states and i dont know what to do. i want to lose myself in something. i frantically search to find that passion that i havent heard or seen in such a long time. sometimes i even consider the literal meaning of those words i stated before. but often, its right there in front of me. to dance, to sing, to act in front of other people, or even to physically run away from things has always been a form of my soul's escape. but escape is so often thought of as something that will get a reaction out of other people. its something new, something note worthy, something people will talk about and you will get attention for. but what if "to escape." or "run away." meant something else? something soley for the soul's refuge and purpose. what if those words mean doing something for yourself that gives you a hope. something that doesnt come with applause or admiration or uplifting words. i find that i use the words "To escape." or "run away." when im feeling empty...and singing, dancing, acting, and running from my problems can fill that void for a little while, but only for an alotted time. (of course, i know nothing but the Love from my Lord can really completely fill that void, but bear with me for a minute.)
the soul is something to be filled with things that are not of this world. they cannot be touched or seen; only felt and experienced. there is a strange release i get from writing something on paper that no eyes will ever see but mine. when i go into my room and close the door, and listen to my body speak to me, movements come over me that i wouldnt be able to produce in front of people. but because im giving my body, or, my soul, a chance to speak its mind freely, i find refuge in a completely new world. if i find myself laying in bed on a silent night, and the silence becomes so loud and overwhelming that it reminds me of how empty i feel, i can pick up my guitar and make music, following no guidlines, just the dialogue of my fingers in accordance with one another. ill even take music that someone else has written, and just feel my voice within me. doing what it was originally created to do. to make sound and fill the empty space in the world. i can take the gifts my Father has bestowed upon me, and use them to His glory, and His only. He's always watching me...and i think thats why i feel such a peace when im creating art on my own, by myself, and not for anyone else. God said that He'd free me if i follow Him. i believe this is one way He's taught me to escape. this is one way He's revealed to me to let go of the pain in this life, and run as far away as i can from it.

Love is finding a way of freedom for your soul, even in the darkest of places.

No comments:

Post a Comment