Friday, September 16, 2011

Sweet Pea

(playlist track 8. Sweet Pea)

you know you always have those people that you fight with, because you love each other too much NOT to fight, yes? well, i have a person like that. he's definitely not the first, but still. in reality, those people just care about you entirely too much, and you care about them entirely too much, but neither of you will do anything about it, so you just fight. in the end you just keep saying "i love you" and making up because you know you cant live without them. in a sea of two thousand people, you feel right at home because they're by your side. yeah, its going to get hard sometimes. and youre going to annoy the hell out of each other. but you need them, and you know you do. the reason you "keep on coming home" is because of the inaudible thought always hanging there of, "he/she cant leave me. cuz he/she knows it would NEVER work. we'd just miss each other too much." these people know everything about you. they know your weird habits, your faces of suggestion, when youre lying about not being ok, when you need a laugh or when you need a hug. thats the reason you keep coming back. because you love the familiarity, the comfort found in someone that knows the real you. we, as a human race, hate showing fault. its part of our sinful nature. these people in your life, they are the exception. theyre the people you arent afraid to break down around. you'll let them see your every fault. and that, in turn, promotes honesty. the honesty you have with each other is one of the big reasons you feel so close to them. its because you can tell each other anything (however cliche that may sound) and the comfort in that thought is trust. the root of all these is trust. Love is trust.

Sweet pea
Apple of my eye
Don't know when and I don't know why
You're the only reason I keep on coming home

Sweet pea
What's all this about
Don't get your way all you do is fuss and pout
You're the only reason I keep on coming home

I like the Rock of Gibraltar
I always seem to falter
And the words just get in the way
Oh I know I'm gonna crumble
I'm trying to stay humble
But I never think before I say

Sweet pea
Keeper of my soul
I know sometimes I'm out of control
You're the only reason I keep on coming
You're the only reason I keep on coming yeah
You're the only reason I keep on coming home


Love is sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment