Tuesday, August 6, 2013

To My Beloved, For The Morning

Today I saw that I am one step closer to the love of my life. Every day that I continue, every day that I step forward, I'm one step closer to him. I realized that my soul has been with him for eternity. When the Lord made my husband, He was making me at the exact same time. He was thinking of me, making sure that every piece would fit perfectly. When I wake up each morning, I can feel him. Somewhere in the world, the Lord woke him up or me. Somewhere in the world, the Lord is making him into the man to house my heart as we combine them into one beautiful offering to the Lord. Our life together, our story, our fairy tale, will be our sacrifice to the Lord. 

But in the meantime, he gives me hope, my beloved one. When I walk down that middle aisle to my love, I'll be able to say to him with all confidence: Thank you. Thank you for haunting my dreams and living in my childhood. Thank you for waiting for me as I have waited for you. Thank you for sacrificing for me as I have sacrificed for you. Thank you for all the hearts you've broken so that you can be with me. Thank you for chasing after the Lord so that you could chase Him right up to me. For I am where He is and He is where i am. And now, we can be where He is and He can be where we are. 

A word of encouragement for you darling, so that when you finally read this, you can know what my wishes were for you when we still had not met: keep going. Keep wishing and dreaming. I know you have big plans for you and me, but focus on you for now. I'm not going anywhere, I'll be there when I'm supposed to be, so you need not worry. When your heart misses me at night, as my heart misses you, think about the things you might like to say to me when we meet again. Think about what we must have been like in heaven, before the Lord sent us down here. Think about how hard it probably was for Him to separate us! I bet it took all His might to split us up. But He knew better, as always. I bet we'll be in love--think about that. I bet we'll have the sweetest looks and the sweetest stories to tell our children about when we met. And also when you miss me at night, or early in the morning when you're seeing the first light of day, pray for me. Pray for me as I am praying for you. I pray that the Lord will guide and protect you. I pray that you will never ever feel alone. I pray that you would chase after your dreams at the hardest speed. Go find the closest flower to you. Hold it close to your face and study it, smell it's perfume. Look at the wrinkles in the petals and the wilting it has begun. It's still absolutely beautiful, right? Realize that even though it's wrinkly and broken, it still holds a sentimental charm and emits a sweet smell. Many situations in life have this symbolism. I urge you to apply it to everything you can. It will bring you a new outlook on life and a new hope for the beauty in the world. Many things, many relationships, many situations may feel broken, may look broken, but they will never lack a lesson. They will never lack some kind of benefit or encouraging thought. It may just take a couple tries to find it. 

Lastly, sweet love, smile. Smile in the day and in the night. It's a powerful medicine, you will be surprised. Smile because this is one day closer to when you have me. 

I love you. 





Love is definite. 
Love is infinite.
Love defies all separation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment